St Mary’s secondary school namaliga
Thanks goes to the Almighty God who has enabled us to complete the regime 2018/2019 successfully.
The Administration, teachers, well-wishers and students in the same way we appreciate the support you have given to us.
Since leadership is about dedication, we got dedicated to our work as prefects and being good examples
, we managed to achieve to our best.
As the head prefect, I always allocated duties to my prefects and it was perfectly done. However, some prefects dodged duty and always lost track some times.
We faced very many challenges, which included the following;
- We advocated for a disciplinary committee which was allowed, formed and started operating but later demolished because of unseriousness of some committee members.it comprised of; lwere Edgar Watson as the chairperson, Alinda Tess julliane as the vice chairperson, Auma Patience as the secretary, Mubiru Andrew as the chief whip and Agaba Ian Kamuntu, a member of the team.
- Schools day, the official day for handing over was abolished and no reasons were given.
- We failed to create a club’s day, which was our mission as we were beginning our regime.
- Secrecy among the prefectural body was to a less extent valued and ignored by some irresponsible prefects who kept on spreading what we always discussed in our meetings before being implemented.
- There were many internal conflicts among some prefects who always didn’t want to accept the fact that they were wrong some times.
- Little time was given to prefects to prepare for morning lessons.
- Heavy workloads were always left to some prefects by their fellow prefects on duty.
- To a small extent, we lacked a mutual understanding and cooperation among ourselves.
- Disrespect and undermining of prefects by some students and fellow prefects.
- Some prefects always didn’t show a good example to the students.
- Some prefects didn’t enjoy there privileges.
- Some prefects always missed lessons while supervising.
- Prefects sometimes missed breakfast while supervising.
- In the sanitary department, we faced mainly a problem of lack of cleaning equipments like driers, squeezers, brushes, liquid soap, buckets and rakes.
- Poor turn up of students for work.
- In the sports department, we faced a problem of lack of jerseys for netball, volleyball and basketball and also lacked trainer for various games.
- Lack of motivation to the players.
- In the liturgy department, we faced a main problem of students sleeping and shouting in the church.
- Little time was always given to choir practice.
- We also lacked enough vestments for the alter savants.
- Cleaning of classes was sometimes dodged by some classes.
- In the dinning department, the following challenges were faced;
- The dining hall was sometimes not cleaned after meals.
- We lacked enough tables and benches in the dining hall which caused many students to use classes as the dining halls.
- We requested for buckets and wipers to clean the dining tables which were not provided.
- Food wasn’t enough sometimes and students missed.
I am so proud to inform you that however much some people didn’t expect anything good in our regime, we did the best and archived the following;
- The new administration block with the support of the administrators.
- An office and great respect from the administration and the teachers was another wonderful achievement.
- We managed to get anew prefects’ uniform, blue in color with white long sleeved shirts and blue tags.
- We managed to make anew school
- Working duty timetable at 6 :00am to 6:30 am.
- We managed to show good examples to our fellow students.
- We managed to organize a prom party on 25th may, 2019 as well as hosted the NBS television.
- We managed to get good, permanent dust bins in the compound which has greatly improved on the sanitation.
- We also provided each class with a rubbish bin, duster and brooms.
- We managed to maintain proper hygiene both in the boardings and in the school.
- Always kept time.
- Our school basketball team managed to reach the regional level which was held at Seeta high main campus.
- New basketball jerseys were bought.
- Sports’ day and inter houses were held which imparted skills in the students.
- Friendly matches in our school,to Ndejje ss and Ssaku were also held.
- Post primary games in football, netball, volleyball and basketball were also held.
- The volleyball team on the boys’ side managed to qualify for regionals.
- Some of the students went to Waluleta, Namugongo martyr shrine and Nalubale for pilgrimages.
- Hymn books were printed and supplied to be used in church.
- With the support of the administrators we managed to get a new librarian, new computers and a new computer laboratory.
- We made a communicating sign post portraying the good image the prefectorial body 2018-2019 has shown to fellow student.
- Strict rules should be reinforced and followed to ensure good discipline of students.
- Tea should be provided to the prefects’ office during break time.
- Students’ permissiveness should be reduced.
- Choir practice should be done after classes from 4:50-5:30 pm to create enough time for perfection.
- Teachers on duty should also help in supervision when prefects are in class.
- Trainers for different games should be hired to improve on the students talents.
- Cleaning equipments should always be provided in time.
- More tables and benches should be provided in the dinning to prevent students from eating in class.
- Career guidance should be provided to students since during our term we were not able to achieve it.
- Prefects should atleast organize a meeting once a month.
- Above all, co-operation, teamwork and togetherness should be emphasized for the betterment and development of the school.
Some issues like wastage of time during supper and prep by the girl, shouting and sleeping during prep time have failed to be overcomed. We however much believe that the regime 2018-2019 was the most successful with our last success expected to be the candidates’ year profile 2018-2019.
ALINDA TESS JULLIANE